What to eat after teeth whitening?
We are always looking for the best and most beautiful smile and at Smile of Boca there are a few great options for you, but today we are going to talk about Teeth Whitening, which is one of the most common ones, it consists in brightening the white color of your teeth; however, after having your teeth whitened it is important to be more aware of the things you eat and drink so it can last longer.
You might have some questions related with the care and the importance of it, in this occasion we are going to resolve some of your questions and doubts specially what to do after treatment, what foods to eat after teeth whitening, what to drink after teeth whitening, and some other recommendations.
Necessary care after teeth whitening?
Keep in mind that after completing teeth whitening, the tooth enamel becomes temporarily porous, making it much sensitive and highly vulnerable to staining caused by pigments from food and drinks.
It is important that after treatment and for at least 48 hours, to follow a diet focused on the care of your teeth. This diet is called white diet, the purpose is to avoid any products with a strong natural or artificial pigment that can cause staining of your teeth.
Steps to maintain teeth whitening?
The first and most important recommendation is the dental hygiene, having good hygiene habits will keep your mouth healthy at all times; After teeth whitening, you should brush your teeth regularly. You will be able to enjoy a glowing smile for much longer.
White diet or recommended food after Teeth Whitening
White diet or in other words, food to eat after teeth whitening is crucial so your teeth whitening lasts longer; you might have to make some sacrifices by avoiding some of the foods you enjoy, but we assure you that in the end it will be worth the effort.
Teeth whitening not only brings to your life a wonderful smile, it also brings to your life the chance and motivation to change your mind-set, starting new and better habits, something much healthier.
Here we mention some of specific food to eat after teeth whitening that you can incorporate to your daily meals.
There are several options for your breakfast, you can mix and try the ones you like.
- Eggs without yolks. You can eat eggs in any preparation, but be careful to remove the yolk, as it has a color that can transfer to your teeth.
- Natural cereals, which you can eat with natural yogurt or milk.
- Fruits, such as apples, bananas, pears, coconut.
- Cheese or butter on white bread.
For lunch you also have a range of possibilities to enjoy.
- Pasta is a great option. But do use any sauces with soy sauce, tomato sauce or dark sauces.
- White rice is a great side to white meats, such as chicken or fish.
- You can find many vegetarian options, such as tofu.
- You can eat a lot of vegetables, but be careful that they are not too strongly pigmented, such as potatoes or onions.
For dinner you can eat some fruit, or a soft vegetable salad, if you prefer.
- Cheese sticks, or potatoes without seasoning.
Drinks are very important. Follow the same principle as with meals: if you think it might stain, avoid it.
- Natural yogurt
- Clear color sodas.
As we already talked about the food to eat after teeth whitening, it is also important to mention the foods we highly recommended avoiding.
Foods that are highly spiced, that have added dyes, or simply have a high content of natural pigmentation will stain your teeth. Unfortunately, some of these are those foods and beverages that we enjoy the most. but don’t worry, if you wish, you can eat them after a few days. But which foods should you avoid? Here is a short list.
- Eating candy (as the processed sugar can cause cavities and other dental discomfort.)
- Red or excessively spicy meats.
- Most sauces should wait
- Tomato sauce/ soy sauce/ teriyaki sauce
- Jams and jellies
- Dark fruits (blackberries, cherries, or blueberries)
- Dark color sodas
- Dark beers
These are the precautions you should take so that your dental whitening lasts much longer and you can show off your smile with greater confidence. Schedule your appointment with us.